We are delighted to be hosting our first ‘Cool Side of the Pillow‘ open mic contest on Monday 28 September.
We think that nothing is more refreshing than turning over your pillow on a warm night and feeling the coolness of the material on your skin. We love that feeling here at Listen Softly London, and we want to bring it to the stage to you in the audience. So we are looking for the most refreshing artists to join us and battle it out for the chance to be crowned the coolest new act of the month.
For our next gig on Monday 28 September we are looking for five intrepid open mic’ers to perform something on, or around, the subject of science.
- You must sign up in advance of the evening, and you can do this by buying an artists ticket to the gig. When you buy your ticket – forward your confirmation email to us and we’ll give you a free ticket for a friend on the door.
- If you don’t show up on the evening, then your entry is not transferable to another night. We’ll go ahead without you.
- Artists will have exactly three minutes for a poetry/slam performance, or five minutes for a story or song.
- When your time is up, the host will get back on the stage, and you will have to leave the stage, so ensure that you use your time wisely.
- Audience members (except competition participants) will be given a voting slip, and after all performances people can vote and the voting slips will be collected. The host will count the voting slip with an independent adjudicator, and their decision will be final.
The winner will receive a very special prize, and be given the opportunity of a feature slot at the next Listen Softly London gig. If that date isn’t suitable, then we’ll do our best to accommodate them at a future gig.